Feature wall or whole room?

(6 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 27-May-16 08:43:23

Would really love honest opinions on this please as I'm stuck! Have found a wallpaper we like (miracle in itself) we originally planned to have a feature wall then plain paper. The one we've chosen is fairly mild though so wondering if we could/should do whole room in it instead. It's a small double bedroom - one wall is mostly window, one wall will be covered by wardrobe/chest of drawers. So really only two walls visible - wall with bed against which you see in front of you as you enter and the wall adjacent to that on your left. Will probably put a mirror on that wall.
What do you all think? Too much?

TheWordOfBagheera Fri 27-May-16 11:57:18

I really like it. But in a small room, I think that it might feel a bit claustrophobic with all visible walls covered in it. Can you match the second wall to the background colour of that wallpaper? That would look good.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 27-May-16 12:15:21

That's a good point. Do you mean match to the blue or the more cream colour?

TheWordOfBagheera Fri 27-May-16 12:32:06

I meant the cream colour but either would look nice. The cream might have the edge on creating a spacious feel though.

Rupster Fri 27-May-16 13:45:14

I'd also use the wallpaper on a feature wall only and go for matching cream paint on the other three walls.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sat 28-May-16 07:33:58

I think that is a good idea, probably cream as the blue could be a bit much. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now