pink bedroom what carpet?

(9 Posts)
Theonlyweighisdown Fri 20-May-16 15:59:01

My 5 year old dd has fallen in love with this wallpaper. I am thinking about letting her have it on one wall with maybe a soft pink on the other walls but I'm not sure of what colour carpet to get. I think a pink carpet is too much but she's 5 so I don't want to use anything too light.

Alternatively is there another colour I could use on the walls (with one glittery wall) that would look good and enable her to have a pink carpet too?

shanhill Sat 21-May-16 13:55:02

I'd say white if there was no dirt in this world, and if we didn't have little ones at home. I think red should suit just fine.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 21-May-16 13:57:12

When dd was younger she had a pink room and I put down what I would call a Heather shade of carpet. Now she's older and has cream walls but the Heather still goes with neutral walls and it was dark enough to keep clean.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 21-May-16 13:58:39

Needs hoovering, ignore the dog hair!

ILovedThe90s Tue 24-May-16 22:34:22

Just painted DDs room pink and we bought a light silver carpet to go with it. It looks lovely.

ILovedThe90s Tue 24-May-16 22:36:25

We decided against a pink carpet because there's no guarantee in 5 years she'd like it!

ILovedThe90s Tue 24-May-16 22:37:32

Oh and we used the same colour carpet in DS 1 room (green walls) and DS 2 room (blue walls) and it goes with all of them.

AmyInTheBoonies Wed 25-May-16 08:10:13

I agree with grey/silver. If you look on Pinterest there are some lovely grey and pink children's rooms.

littlejo67 Wed 25-May-16 19:50:54

A smart dark Grey - very practical and neutral if you need to change the wall colour in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now