chesterfield sofas good or bad???

(11 Posts)
Sounbelievablydull Thu 05-May-16 18:01:43

We desperately need new sofas but cannot see any we really like.
We have teenagers and dogs so are unfortunately forever leather to wipe up spills pizza etc- no amount of threats from me will stop them, grrrrrr
I am quite liking chesterfields but am wondering if they are gentlemans club only
We have an Edwardian house reasonable sized room with trad decor and original fireplace so I think it might be ok, glad of anyone's comments- don't hold back, I can take the flak!

TooLazyToWriteMyOwnFuckinPiece Thu 05-May-16 18:03:47

Well I would love them but I am not a style icon.

Sounbelievablydull Thu 05-May-16 18:22:02

Good answer maybe I'm overthinking this and should just please myself,😊

amazonianwoman Thu 05-May-16 18:36:25

Nice

FurbysMakeSexNoises Thu 05-May-16 22:33:32

I love them but don't find low backs on sofas comfortable. If you do then definitely get one- they're ageless and gorgeous.

Sukiesu Thu 05-May-16 22:42:38

I have 3 Chesterfields, one a 3 seater sofa bed, 2 two seaters. I find them really comfortable and easy to keep clean. I've had them for about 10 years and they look as good as new. They're dark brown. I've had dogs and their claws can scratch the leather so I put a fleece the same colour as the sofa on one of the 2 seaters. One son also put a hot lap top on one sofa and the leather went a bit weird but it improved with some leather cleaner. I'd choose leather again now I have 2 grandchildren and maybe more to come.

OrlandaFuriosa Thu 05-May-16 22:44:17

I love them.

Sounbelievablydull Thu 05-May-16 23:31:29

Feeling excited now
Have seen lovely ones in m&s!!!
Am going to investigate further

SnuffleGruntSnorter Mon 09-May-16 13:55:54

We have two and a matching chair, I love them!

TheSuspiciousMsWhicher Mon 09-May-16 13:57:19

I love them. Classic and elegant.

Pootles2010 Mon 09-May-16 13:59:36

They look lovely. I will warn you, the little dips hold onto crumbs like no ones business. It takes forever to stick the hoover bit in each little hole.

Teens might be ok for that though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now