Talk

Advanced search

Desperately seeking Curtains

(16 Posts)
naanaa Wed 04-May-16 11:29:00

Hi All.
I've had a lot of work done to the whole house and I had finally got to start the dressing.I'm not in the best of health so going out and looking for curtains isn't an easy job especially when I had a definite colour in mond. I wanted Teal/Dark Turquoise to match with my new suite. After hours of searching online and off line I finally found exactly what I wanted in the Ikea Sanela Dark Turquise curtain.Having been looking for a while that day, I was absolutely shattered so it's to this that I attribute the fact that I got the wrong size ie I should have bought 2 x pairs of curtains for my window width.

I didn't take the curtains out of the pack as some dusty work still needed to be done, so I was very disappointed to find they weren't wide enough but further disappointed to find, they had then gone out of stock and looked like the end f the line.

So I've been sending out for swatches, checking online in case they come back in etc etc.I know in the great scheme of things it's hardly a crisis, but they really were perfect. So on the off chance that someone may have bought a pair they don't want and haven't yet returned or sold on, in desperation has anyone a pair of

Sanela Ikea Dark Turquoise Velvet curtains

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 04-May-16 21:54:33

Hi have you tried contacting there head office. They could check on their data base might be worth a try X

naanaa Wed 04-May-16 22:34:28

Great idea, hadn't thought of that, thanks, will try that.

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 04-May-16 23:14:32

Let me know how you get on smile

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 04-May-16 23:21:01

Thought this might help

ChablisTyrant Wed 04-May-16 23:22:23

Do also check eBay because buy ikea stuff and sell it there as new.

naanaa Thu 05-May-16 11:05:33

So I rang Head Office. They located two pairs of these curtains whoopee! at the Leeds Store. Unfortunately I'm in Bristol sad They don't send items by store transfers as many other brand stores are able to do and short of driving the three and a half hours (which with my health conditions, would be a strain), it seems like I'm stuck.

Vey frustrating but there you have it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

naanaa Thu 05-May-16 11:06:47

Have been checking on ebay, but will continue to do so. It's very frustrating.

naanaa Thu 05-May-16 11:21:38

Just as an addition to theabove, each Ikea store is an individual franchise so they can't transfer items between stores, so unless a miracle happens, looks like I'm back to square one. Thanks for everyone's help.

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 05-May-16 12:25:49

Naanaa don't be defeated. Call the leeds store. Speak to the manager. Be really really polite. Explain that you know it's not usually done but is there anything they could do to help ie can you pay over the phone and they post them out. You would be so grateful and write to anyone concerned about the great service you had. I worked in retail for many years and really there's nothing that can't be done. I worked in Bond st and we bent over backwards for our customers !!! Try it you never know. X

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 05-May-16 12:36:19

Just found these on Amazon don't know what size u need but are these them ???

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 05-May-16 12:50:31

There the wrong colour aren't they x

naanaa Thu 05-May-16 20:05:46

mCCHICKENBB41. Yes unfortuantely the light turquoise can be found everywhere, so yes it's the dark turquoise I'm after. I'm usually that person. I rarely give up in the face of adversity(little strong for this scenario I know) but on this occasion, I don't see what anyone can do. The franchise is the problem, the woman I spoke to today at the Leeds store said, it would be like asking someone working at Sainsbury's to send something to Asda.
Still I guess it's worth trying the manager, nothing ventured and all that. Although Ikea don't reserve and don't take orders by phone according to what I've been told today, so I'll let you know tomorrow what happened if anything. Thanks again.

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 05-May-16 20:39:05

Ahh your welcome. This is the problem with big stores there's no personal service anymore. All you need is a member of staff who's willing to go that extra mile without sounding dramatic lol. I wish u luck and hope your on the road to recovery xxx

naanaa Sun 08-May-16 11:16:27

Thanks Mcchicken. Well, I spoke to a manger who basically gave me the same story that unfortunately the stores didn't work like that, so there wasn't anything he could do.
Having said that, some good news is that trawling through ebay I have now found a fabric (possibly better than the Ikea ones), so I'm going to get some made or attempt to do this myself, how hard can it be, right??

Anyway I'm very happy with the fabric, so all's well that ends well. Thanks again.

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 11-May-16 06:53:00

Oh well at least ur getting what you want that's the main thing. It's a lovely colour X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now