Talk

Advanced search

where can I find porceline or ceramic bathtubs?

(6 Posts)
dudsville Sun 01-May-16 17:19:31

I don't know if this belongs in DIY or here. We are planning a new bathroom and want a porceline or ceramic bathtub (and sink, etc.,) every site I go to has plastic ones. I've even googled for these specifically and then I just get links to guides telling me what they are. Where can I find one of these? I know they are not as energy efficient as the new ones but have they actually gone out of production?

MiddleClassProblem Sun 01-May-16 17:20:34

Reclaimation yard?

dudsville Sun 01-May-16 20:28:03

Yes, I may need to look into that but I was hoping to get a new matching bathroom. Does anywhere still sell new ones?

GreenMarkerPen Sun 01-May-16 20:30:21

most stores have steel enamel baths (is that what you are after?) and glass fibre baths. often same style for both options.

IsItMeOr Sun 01-May-16 20:41:50

We have a steel enamel bath from Bette.

This shop has quite a few manufacturers, and Kaldewai also make steel enamel.

A couple of things we have found out are that steel enamel baths are much heavier than plastic ones, so bear that in mind. And if you drop something heavy onto them, they are liable to chip...but you can get them repaired, I think, if it's a big chip.

dudsville Mon 02-May-16 09:24:48

I did not know that I should be looking for "steel enamel", thank you both! Lot's of places have a couple of these so I will go back.

They are heavier, we have had them (already in situ) in previous places and we're fine with that. As for chipping. I find plastic baths also get damaged, and they can't be repaired, and I don't like how they age. This will be our "forever" bathroom so I want something that is going to last, and something I covet! thank you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now