Flooring advice please...

(1 Post)
BogeyNights Sat 30-Apr-16 19:43:25

So we've decided to go for LVT flooring for the majority of our downstairs rooms.

We've chosen an 'oak floorboard' finish, because they will blend with the doors in the downstairs of the house and we like that colour and look.

However, the kitchen has beech block laminate work tops, with cream cupboards and drawers. The current kitchen floor is vinyl sheet in a similar beech floorboard effect that ties in with the beech block worktops. It looks ok (albeit a bit tatty) and goes well with the kitchen work tops and cupboards. So it's fake wood effect already. However the plan is to replace this too.

And this is where I'm stuck for making a decision...

Should we go for oak LVT throughout the hall, kitchen and dining room and study? Does the uniformity of the same flooring throughout the downstairs outweigh the fact that the kitchen worktops may clash with the new flooring?
Or should we opt for an alternative LVT for the kitchen, say a tile effect for instance?

Just so that you can understand the layout better: the hall leads to the kitchen . The kitchen leads into the dining room. The dining room leads into the lounge. The lounge leads back into the hall. The study is just off the hall by the front door. So basically you can walk around the house in a loop, so to speak. We are going to keep carpet in the lounge.

Your views would be much appreciated. Each time I think I've made a decision, I change my mind again!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now