What is your favourite feature in your bedroom?

(24 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 28-Apr-16 20:04:34

I don't have any at the moment. Ours just betrays the fact that we are bottom of the list of priorities in the house.

There's '80's built in wardrobes from the people before the people we bought our house from, curtains moved up from the sitting room, lampshade from my childhood bedroom (I'm in my 40's), no pictures, no photos (sounds a bit bleak grin).

I don't have shedloads of dosh to do it up but would love some inspiration.

Any ideas please?

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 28-Apr-16 22:53:34

Baring my soul by disclosing how grotty my boudoir is.

Bumping for the evening crew. Please can you help?

Kidnapped Fri 29-Apr-16 19:22:29

I like our pine stripped floorboards. Again a bit 80s but I really like them. They are a warm honey colour.

Could you have a peak under the carpet to see what is there? If you have floorboards and they are in decent nick then it would be cheap enough to sand and varnish them.

Also like our bedding. I like crisp white cotton (which again doesn't need to cost a fortune) and it makes it look really inviting. You could buy some new bedding as an easy first step to doing up the room.

littlem133 Sat 30-Apr-16 20:55:05

The throw, curtains and the view

BikeRunSki Sat 30-Apr-16 20:56:54

The ban on toys

phoolani Sat 30-Apr-16 21:02:00

The way the colours look in the morning light. A bit wanky, but true; I love waking up to those colours. Paint it a beautiful colour.

ShebaQueen Sat 30-Apr-16 21:06:11

My gorgeous wall mounted headboard, I love it smile

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 30-Apr-16 21:07:37

Dark wood 4 poster bed. It is the favourite thing in my house.

ThornyBird Sat 30-Apr-16 21:09:40

I love be my tacky brightly coloured BHS chandelier and my surfboard on the wall over our bed.'

The rest is a hotchpotch but I adore my chandelier and board smile

Cass168 Sat 30-Apr-16 21:14:48

Martin, are you me?! Moved in 18 months ago and bedroom is bottom of the list. Our 80s built in wardrobes go over the bed and the room isn't big enough to have the bed somewhere else. I never realised how much I'd miss having a bedside table, sigh....

Cass168 Sat 30-Apr-16 21:16:54

... But, I DO love being able to hear nothing but the birds when I wake up in the morning. Previous house was on a main road, so there's that :-)

Titsywoo Sat 30-Apr-16 21:18:27

I like my hotchpotch bedroom. I don't think I'd feel comfortable in a minimalist stylized bedroom. It's not messy or dirty just not matchy matchy. Nothing that stands out as a feature though. It has a nice bay window I guess.

idontlikealdi Sat 30-Apr-16 21:27:07

My bed!

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 30-Apr-16 21:27:25

My original cast iron and tiled fireplace.

febnov Sat 30-Apr-16 21:31:53

I'm in the process of separating at the moment, so my bedroom has been given a bit of TLC as a bit of TLC to myself!

My favourite thing has to be excellent quality bedding. I feel like I'm going to sleep in a hotel every night! It wasn't cheap, but it is so, so worth it.

echt Sat 30-Apr-16 22:50:45

The view. I am lucky and have huge windows and can walk out onto a balcony to watch the sun come up.

mrsmeerkat Sat 30-Apr-16 22:57:34

we upcycled a pine bed by painting it a soft grey. It looks lovely.

The room has striped carpet and is a soft white pale grey colour with grey malm ikea chest of drawers

Chunkamatic Sat 30-Apr-16 23:14:35

Mine too is the colour on the walls. I congratulate myself daily on my choice!!!
So I agree, paint it a beautiful colour (and also get the best bedding you can afford, has to be pure cotton).

Fpmd1710 Mon 02-May-16 00:05:39

I haven't actually decorated mine yet, I've been gradually buying everything as I can afford it. I am going 'grown up' Beauty and the Beast theme though with royal blue walls and a red wallpaper with gold damask pattern on. My favourite purchase so far though is a very large red rose, I can't wait to hang it above my bed when I've done.
Hopefully will be able to start within the next few weeks

Lighteningirll Mon 02-May-16 11:17:52

My dh I love him to bits

pinkerpeony Mon 02-May-16 18:15:52

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80146249/

This frivolous light from Ikea. We have very high vaulted ceilings and I spend weeks looking for something to fill the space.

Nursenat100 Mon 02-May-16 18:29:07

My feature wall....was scarily pricey but I love it so much!

KondoAttitude Tue 03-May-16 12:12:20

Duvet cover (white with floral print) and white wood panelled walls.

nickiclarke Tue 03-May-16 21:36:27

I love my bed more then anything else. A nice safe place to retreat to after a hard day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now