Freestanding kitchens

(5 Posts)
BoboChic Sun 24-Apr-16 10:02:02

I'm about to move and I want a freestanding rather than a fitted kitchen. The property is a spacious late 19th C apartment in Paris so an English country style kitchen won't work. I love the Alpes Inox look but not for the whole kitchen - I'm thinking of a sink unit and perhaps a drawer unit. I have a very pretty antique glass doored double fronted cupboard for china. I need some more cupboards. Any ideas?

NancyDecca Tue 26-Apr-16 19:06:47

I have just looked up Alpes Inox and some of the photos of them are lovely. My worry about a freestanding kitchen has always been crumbs etc falling down between the cracks (which makes me sound more houseproud that I actually am ).
What look are you going for e.g. if you were to get the ss units would you want to have wooden cupboards etc - and what are they for. I would be tempted to have one run of cupboards with a continuous worktop if there is room, mixed with the freestanding / antique bits but without knowing your style it's hard to say on particular cupboards - do you have a photo of a kitchen you like? Also the more drawers the better in my view - much easier for access for e.g. pans. It depends what needs to be stored after the drawers / antique cupboard are filled. Would you have open shelving - again I think this can look lovely but I worry about things getting dusty etc.

Sorry not particularly helpful but it sounds like it could be lovely.

NancyDecca Tue 26-Apr-16 19:26:59

Does anything on here appeal to you ?

www.chalon.com/image-gallery/

NancyDecca Tue 26-Apr-16 20:14:55

I also love the dark grey version of this - but it may be too "fitted" for you, and also no doubt £££ or indeed euros. However I suspect they could incorporate with the freestanding bits.
However, you do realise this has become less about you and more about me grin

www.mwf.com/concepts/furniture-collections-newlyn

BoboChic Wed 27-Apr-16 18:35:49

Hi NancyDecca - you are very helpful smile

I love some of the Chalon stuff - obviously it's bespoke and adapts to different customer requirements. Mark Wilkinson is a bit heavy going - the underlying functional ideas are fine but the execution is too big for my purposes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now