Talk

Advanced search

Homebase House of Colour v Crown Breatheasy v Wilko own brand - any good?

(11 Posts)
rainbowontheway Fri 01-Apr-16 22:46:52

These paints are all quite well priced. Anyone used them and willing to share what you think of them please? Got decorator coming next week and am buying paint this weekend. Thanks!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 01-Apr-16 22:51:46

If you are paying out for a professional decorator then buy premium paint, not cheap

rainbowontheway Fri 01-Apr-16 22:57:12

What would you suggest MumOn? Is Crown no good? Thanks

MyLlamasGoneBananas Sat 02-Apr-16 00:40:10

I recently used Wilkes own and omg was v v v v impressed.
Will in future looking at their range before Crown and Dulux.

Laquila Sat 02-Apr-16 00:58:35

I used a lovely Crown colour, Seldom Seen, in my bedroom recently. Coverage wasn't great but it seems to reflect the light nicely, at the same time, we used a Dulux called Egyptian Cotton on hall, stairs and landing - it went on better and was a nicer texture to paint with. I'd use either range again.

I found that Wilko testers didn't match the actual colours, or the paint charts, that well, but can't comment on the quality of the paint.

RalphSteadmansEye Sat 02-Apr-16 01:22:05

Wickes is great quality. If there's a colour we like, we always use it.

Olecranon Mon 04-Apr-16 18:35:41

I have just painted a room in palest duck egg blue homebase paint and I thought it was good quality and looks great. It was also 2 tins 2.5 litres for £18 which seemed good value.

dontcallmelen Mon 04-Apr-16 20:39:23

Hi for good value paint homebase is pretty good quality & covers well, slightly more expensive would go for Dulux.
Premium paint I always use Mylands, way more superior to f&b/littlegreene much more durable & covers amazingly well, but depends on your budget & cheaper brands will do a good job too.

rainbowontheway Wed 06-Apr-16 12:34:43

Thanks! Went for a mix of Dulux Endurance (for the off white walls), Wilko own (colours for feature walls) and Johnston's (for the white emulsion) in the end. It's looking good!

HolaWeenie Tue 12-Apr-16 08:43:36

Homebase own brand is thin our handyman doesn't like using it. I've just used crown and liked it, it still left an odour though, goes eventually.

Unsurechicken Sun 24-Apr-16 22:55:25

Wilkos is johnstons paint 😉 i didnt tell you all tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now