Advanced search

Sticky removable fixings for wall frames and pictures?

(7 Posts)
BettyBi0 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:08:20

I saw an ad on TV for some kind of stickers that you can use to hang picture frames on your walls. They looked repositionable and removable and most importantly for me (clue less at DIY) they didn't involve using a drill. Does anyone remember what they are called? More importantly, do they work?

Dfg15 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:10:31

Yes they are brilliant - made by 3m Command brand. Not suitable for use on wallpaper though

BettyBi0 Wed 23-Mar-16 07:24:55

Command, yes that sounds familiar. Thanks!

BettyBi0 Wed 23-Mar-16 07:28:56

Do they really stick/remove well? I've got visions of those got awful white rectangular double sided sticky foam thingies that never really stick but are impossible to remove..

Dfg15 Wed 23-Mar-16 12:07:33

I've used them on painted walls and they remove ok

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Wed 23-Mar-16 12:12:30

I've also used these on papered walls and they came off without ripping the wallpaper.

chrisrobin Wed 23-Mar-16 12:13:24

Command strips are great, they stick really well and so come cleanly when you remove them. There is a tab which you leave on the strip and gently pull when you want to take it off the wall. We had some on a painted wall for 2 years and when we pulled them off you would never have known they were there at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now