Talk

Advanced search

Colour scheme ideas for new (ish) build house

(5 Posts)
SamMiguel24 Tue 22-Mar-16 10:02:41

Hi everyone,

I moved into a new(ish) build house last year and looking to redecorate as it is all the dreaded magnolia! grin

I have just put wooden floors in but I'm wondering what colours to go with on the walls, for curtains etc. We brought a grey sofa with us but we've had it a while so are open to replacing it!

Any ideas? grin

eight Tue 22-Mar-16 11:26:38

I would order up (free) the fired earth, farrow and ball and zoffany paint charts for ideas. Also look on the Houzz website / app for ideas. I had purbeck stone and ammonite from F&B in my old house and they were beautiful colours alongside white and would tie in with your grey sofas. Then you could have a warmer accent colour in cushions / curtains / shades. Also archive is a lovely rich neutral, again from F&B. I also love duck egg or a deep red in a room. Good luck!

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 22-Mar-16 21:49:17

Houzz is a great resource

BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 21:50:33

Do you know what. After living in a newish build and moving house I could quite easily go back to Magnolia everywhere. It is so very easy to dress by just getting coloured accessories for your rooms.

LittleLamb17 Thu 24-Mar-16 14:01:49

Hello,

I have been looking at wooden floors for my house. Would you mind telling me where you got yours from?

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now