Talk

Advanced search

what colour paint with olive green?

(12 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Fri 04-Mar-16 19:39:51

Which white type paint would you pair with olive green and oak wood? Just plain white? Or like a grey white? Or cream?

hairymuffet Fri 04-Mar-16 21:27:46

What is olive and oak. Also what are you wanting to paint ??

willfuckformichilenstarfood Fri 04-Mar-16 21:31:35

Dulux Natural Callico, it's 'posh' magnolia but minus the peachy tones x

Hoolit Fri 04-Mar-16 21:39:16

I have plain white with our Olive green wall, the cream bases paints we originally tried just didn't go it made the room very gloomy but we do not get a lot of light in this room.

RavioliOnToast Fri 04-Mar-16 21:53:01

There is a thick oak dado rail and shelf around the top and solid oak bannister and I love it all so much! I was going to paint the bottom half of wall olive/sage green and the top half the white colour.

Would matte look better?

NoMilkNoSugar Sat 05-Mar-16 21:34:26

We have sage green walls with Cornish cream by wilkos paint (ever so slightly yellow) on contrasting walls with white dado. But I do wish we had gone for a less yellow cream even though it does look lovely.

willhazboz Wed 09-Mar-16 07:03:48

We have olive green with dulux Egyptian cotton. It's a beigy colour I think. But seems to take in greyer hues if put with greys. I'm not very good at the tones etc of paints but it looks very nice together. smile

KittyOShea Wed 09-Mar-16 07:10:31

I'd go with a greyish white. We have olive green in the bay window in our bedroom (with dulux timeless bone china on the other walls) and a grey carpet And they look lovely together.

OhShutUpThomas Wed 09-Mar-16 07:16:31

Do not put white with a colour!! It cheapens the colour and never looks good.

Go for something like Farrow and Ball James White you can get it colour matched really well in Valspar from B&Q, it's 'white' but with a very slight green undertone.
I have it on all my skirtings etc - it looks white next to the paint until you put something that is actually white up against it, and you see how brash white would look.

missindecisive1 Thu 10-Mar-16 11:04:04

I used dulux natural hessian with overtly olive in my kitchen and I love it 😊

tacal Fri 11-Mar-16 19:23:35

I am thinking of using Dulux timeless with sage green colour tiles in my kitchen.

ChishandFips33 Fri 11-Mar-16 22:56:14

Natural hessian or calico here with a Crown olive green - looks great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now