Talk

Advanced search

Glitter paint in bathroom

(9 Posts)
flissfloss65 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:33:54

Have been busy painting each room and am now finally on last room. Hurray. It is our main bathroom. It has no window but it is super bright due to good lighting and lovely and cosy. It is very modern with large stone/beige tiles around bath and shower. Thinking of using paint with glitter on the wall above sink. Will it look really tacky? Or lovely and calm when lying in the bath? Anyone used this?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:23:57

No but it sounds very glam.

amarmai Fri 04-Mar-16 14:16:59

just did a hall wall in a flat paint with glitter pattern on top. The contrast works well and not too much glitter. love doing bathrooms in strong colours also.

flissfloss65 Fri 04-Mar-16 19:11:44

I have now bought the paint and glitter. amarmai, does the glitter go on evenly? Is it best to use a roller?

amarmai Fri 04-Mar-16 23:39:28

i used a stencil cut out to apply the glitter pattern and put it on with a short thick bristle stencil brush by dabbing and short strokes[that sounds off]! Not sure if a roller works with a stencil or not-might overrun the edges i think. Let your flat coat dry overnight first tho. Let us know how it looks!

amarmai Fri 04-Mar-16 23:41:11

an old make up brush with short bristles wd do the trick.

amarmai Sat 05-Mar-16 12:00:21

how does it look ,op? Colours,pattern--?

flissfloss65 Sat 05-Mar-16 16:05:30

Well I've done it and am pleased with result! I painted over just one wall and the bottom half is tiled, so not too much twinkling. Tried to photograph it but bright lighting doesn't show the effect very well in a photo. Thanks for advice, glitter seems to be evenly spread.

amarmai Sat 05-Mar-16 20:20:48

good job,op. I love painting-I buy cheap paint ,add white or grey to bright colors, try out new effects etc= easy way to change up your home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now