Talk

Advanced search

Light or dark hallway?

(11 Posts)
silversixpence Mon 29-Feb-16 23:48:37

I am considering painting the hall in one of the new F&B colours - either Cromarty or Vardo. There is quite a lot of white woodwork in the hall already so it should feel bright, but just wondered if its better to keep the hallway a light colour?

If I don't use Vardo in the hallway, would it be too dark for a room
Without much natural light?

silversixpence Mon 29-Feb-16 23:49:48

Hallway similar to this with white teal and green tiles

OzzieFem Tue 01-Mar-16 03:30:50

Personally if I enter a dark hall it always gives me a first impression of gloom, whereas a light bright hall is quite uplifting, but that's just me.

nattyknitter Tue 01-Mar-16 03:51:46

I went for a darker colour and instantly regretted it. It was too much effort to put it right as I did the whole house in 3 weeks and it was the last thing to be done. I'm now stuck wth it until I can face painting again, or have the money for someone to come and do it. It really pulls in the space andakes it feel gllomy. I'd stay light in the hall.

The vardo is a gorgeous colour and think it will be fine in a room with more space to carry it.

Rupster Tue 01-Mar-16 09:12:12

I would definitely keep the hallway light: it's much more welcoming.

I think Vardo would make any room too dark, but that's just my opinion.

Hennifer Tue 01-Mar-16 12:42:51

Could you add a dado rail? Then you could have Vardo under it and cromarty on top.

eurochick Tue 01-Mar-16 13:23:37

Light. We just redid our dark hallway with brilliant white walls and a beige carpet. Bland, but it looks ten times better lightened up.

silversixpence Tue 01-Mar-16 16:57:36

I have decided to go light but am considering having the wall on the landing in Vardo as I want to use it as a gallery wall. The rest of the upstairs hallway will be in Cromarty like downstairs. Would this work or better to have the same colour throughout?

Rupster Wed 09-Mar-16 12:08:07

Personally I'd go for same colour throughout.

Flingingmelon Wed 09-Mar-16 12:14:32

Just to make life more complicated, I did my hall dark and the reason I love it so much, is that when I walk into any of the lights rooms,they feel much bigger and airy.

And nice floor tiles, I have them in my kitchen smile

silversixpence Sat 12-Mar-16 13:10:45

Thanks all we went for Inox by Little Greene instead and the hall looks bright and spacious so pleased with the choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now