Talk

Advanced search

Wooden blinds - Tapes or not?

(16 Posts)
Brindler Mon 29-Feb-16 12:33:12

About to order some new blinds. Going for white wooden Venetian style but do I want tapes on them or not? My windows aren't very big - an angled bay and 2 small windows in the porch. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

MargotLovedTom Mon 29-Feb-16 12:35:41

I think tapes look much better.

ReturnoftheWhack Mon 29-Feb-16 12:36:18

Personally, I prefer without. I think tapes look a bit cheap if I'm honest.

ReturnoftheWhack Mon 29-Feb-16 12:36:43

Oh, how funny! grin

popcornpaws Mon 29-Feb-16 12:37:35

tapes look much better, more "finished".

peggyundercrackers Mon 29-Feb-16 12:39:40

im another who would go without, I think they will age the blinds when fashions change.

MargotLovedTom Mon 29-Feb-16 12:40:18

I think no tapes look cheaper; like you've picked the blinds off the shelf in Ikea (nowt wrong with that obviously, but when we'd paid a small fortune to have them made to measure because of a massive bay window then I wanted them to look more substantial).

TheBalefulGroke Mon 29-Feb-16 12:40:30

Sorry, but what are 'tapes' in this context? My blinds don't have them... But they predate us in this house.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 29-Feb-16 12:40:39

I think tapes look a bit unnecessary. You don't notice cord, tape looks a bit stuck on for the sake of it to me.

MargotLovedTom Mon 29-Feb-16 12:45:46

I didn't deliberately pick a better 'with tapes' photo btw wink.

TheBalefulGroke Mon 29-Feb-16 12:49:40

Ah, thank you! Very clear.
Um. I think I like them better without.
They're less obtrusive.
blush

Jbck Mon 29-Feb-16 12:56:27

I have both on different windows, prefer without.

WhoisLucasHood Mon 29-Feb-16 13:02:13

I also have both buy prefer the tape, I think they look finished. My ones without were off the peg IKEA though. Our tape is vertically striped though to look a little different, I was concerned about white tape looking grubby over time.

MargotLovedTom Mon 29-Feb-16 13:08:22

I think white ones without tapes will look very like the white metal venetian blinds that were all over in the 80s - the sort that got all warped and bent if you had a mad yappy dog who used to attack the window every time someone walked past grin.
Tapes just look more wooden blind, iykwim. OP I think you need to look at both in flesh (showroom?) to see which you prefer.

Brindler Mon 29-Feb-16 14:20:21

Wow you guys are quick! Seems to be a pretty even split on with and without too! Thanks for all the responses

StuffandBother Mon 29-Feb-16 16:18:43

I've just got some with tapes in my kitchen of all places, they'll look filthy in 12mths I reckon hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now