Talk

Advanced search

Curtain track for sloping ceiling and odd shaped windows

(4 Posts)
Aftershock15 Wed 24-Feb-16 18:35:29

I have some very odd shaped bedroom windows which need curtains. Originally wanted blinds or shutters but they won't work unfortunately. So now I'm thinking ceiling mounted curtain track - but it has to go from a straight ceiling and curve down to a slope for part of it. The curtains will draw up to the middle pillar on the level part.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can look for a suitable track that has some flexibility so can be eased round the bend ?

Or do you have other suggestions for weird windows - these are not regular at all - one has 5 sides and another 6..

Thanks

justaweeone Thu 25-Feb-16 13:24:35

Can you add some photos?

Sarah961 Sun 28-Feb-16 07:44:28

Could you use thin-ish steel poles, that would bend to the ceiling shape?

We have a similar problem with a gable window, that has a sloping ceiling either side of the window with no clearance.

I'm going to bend a length of metal so it drops down at each side. Then use rings.

Aftershock15 Thu 03-Mar-16 09:54:40

I think bending metal poles and using rings is what I'm going to try. I've seen some that are ceiling mounted somewhere - just need to remember where.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now