What colour walls with a pale grey kitchen?

(11 Posts)
DarkBlueEyes Mon 22-Feb-16 17:17:13

I'm going to have a new kitchen, hip hip hooray! I've already decided on a pale grey (such as Blackened or Polished Pebble, or French grey), with a white/grey marble type silestone such as Lyra, and the floor will probably be engineered oak. No idea what colour walls to go for! Off white? Quarter strength of the kitchen cabinetry? There won't be much wall showing but there will be a curved wall with a banquette and round table. Would love some suggestions - not wedded to a particular brand of paint at all.

summerpuddingandclottedcream Mon 22-Feb-16 17:27:17

Ha! This is exactly the same dilemma that's been keeping me awake at night (#firstworldproblems).

We've got exactly the same colour scheme. Our lovely new kitchen was installed last week, except we paired our grey bottom units with "bone" upper units.

Sadly the bone units are going back - they were way too creamy and I just couldn't envisage what wall colour would go with them. And they clashed with the (non-integrated) white appliances, the skirting boards, etc. So we're getting them changed for grey (I have to say Wickes has been really brilliant).

I was looking at F&B Dix Blue on the walls. Now I can only envisage white. With white tiles (our new kitchen is still feeling extremely unfinished, can you tell?!). My husband craves colour. So I shall be watching this thread with interest!

DarkBlueEyes Mon 22-Feb-16 17:33:58

Hmmm, I like the idea of pale blue but was planning to keep this as an accessory colour (think Tiffany blue), and really can't envisage anything other than off white/very very pale grey!

I think you might be right about the bone and the grey - personally I don't like cream and grey together, thank goodness Wickes are being so good about it.

I want to be totally neutral so I can change the look with accessories. Let's hope someone else is along with a bright idea!

PerspicaciaTick Mon 22-Feb-16 17:38:29

How about a soft yellow?

SquadGoals Mon 22-Feb-16 17:53:55

I think anything pastelly.

Google lilac and grey kitchen - there are some stunning results.

Lilac, grey and white would look gorgeous.

summerpuddingandclottedcream Mon 22-Feb-16 18:37:46

I think lilac will be too girly for this house (three DSs plus DH).

This was the blue:

uk.pinterest.com/pin/44262008814886908/

This keeps things pale, but the handles/taps become a highlight:

uk.pinterest.com/pin/409053578634849684/

DarkBlueEyes Mon 22-Feb-16 19:30:49

Gosh that blue is gorgeous! Will have a look at lilac but can't envisage it!

RaisinGirls Sun 28-Feb-16 11:57:03

I've got a grey and blue kitchen. I used Down by little green paint company on the walls which is a kind of off white / grey. Works really well. Clean but soft if that makes sense.

wartynose Sun 28-Feb-16 15:54:39

I've got Blackened on my kitchen walls, with marble look Silestone.
The units are Light Blue 22 and it's a great combination.
You could do the reverse?

DarkBlueEyes Tue 01-Mar-16 17:35:03

Sounds lovely. Think my kitchen units will be a blackened type of colour so blue might work... will also try the Down by little green as that sounds perfect. Thank you!

MiaowTheCat Wed 02-Mar-16 10:21:21

We've got white gloss with a grey woodgrain effect through and have gone for splashes of teal as an accent color which is looking quite stunning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now