Talk

Advanced search

North facing living room - what colour walls.

(4 Posts)
Crikeyblimey Sun 14-Feb-16 16:08:12

Hi. Our sitting room is north facing and id rather 'embrace the dark' than try to fight it. We only use the room in the evenings as we have a large kitchen / dining / family room that we live in during daylight hours.
I have Browns / walnut furniture but I'm hankering after sage green for the walls. Would this work?
We are having a stone fireplace fitted next week which is a warm cream colour with a black glass fronted fire.
So - should I go for a green or maybe another colour?
As I said, I want warm / cozy (gentleman's club type feel). Pic of some of it.
Ta

JasperDamerel Tue 16-Feb-16 08:19:35

On reading this post, I had to check that I hadn't written it myself. I still haven't got round to decorating my North-facing living room, which is used in the evenings and which I want to have the feel of a library/gentleman's club. I'm dithering between darkness and a deep, ochre-based cream for the walls which will glow under lamplight with green woodwork.

trickyex Tue 16-Feb-16 11:29:22

Sage green could work though I think rich olive is more gentlemans club in feel with some riche reds/plums as a contrast.
uk.pinterest.com/pin/20195898305123759/
Or a rich brown purple?
uk.pinterest.com/pin/318489004869237026/

Crikeyblimey Tue 16-Feb-16 18:23:27

That olive green is lovely, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now