high traffic areas - paint help!

(4 Posts)
Twinklefuck Sat 06-Feb-16 10:33:52

I'm about half way through the first coat on the downstairs in Matt paint and realised I'll need something wipeable with the two smalls. No getting around it.

I ordered just walnut from b&q online and the tin had leaked so they sent another, so I'm half way through the leaking tin (try told me they couldn't pick it up and to use what was left) and having looked online I was hoping to exchange the unopened tin for a wipeable in the same colour. Problem is I can't see that it comes in any form of wipeable paint, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for, diamond/endurance?

Does anyone know if I go to b&q in store will they mix one for me? Tia!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sat 06-Feb-16 11:03:00

Yes. Go to B&Q and ask for valspar premium. It's more than wipeable, it's scrubbable. I have it in my hallway and ALL marks simply scrub off leaving paintwork immaculate!! £43 for 5 litres in a choice of finish and any colour you like!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sat 06-Feb-16 11:04:11

Take the tin of just walnut in with you if that's the shad you need.... They can swatch it and colour match from that

Twinklefuck Sat 06-Feb-16 12:28:28

Cheers mum, I was starting to panic.

I facebooked b&q and the closest store to do it is over an hour away. I'm leaning towards returning the unopened tin and looking elsewhere, you'd think all the stores would be able to mix it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now