Stratum tiles in shower anyone?

(3 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Sun 31-Jan-16 18:36:44

Hi I like the look of the white stratum tiles for in my shower but am put off by the practicalities of cleaning them. I can't help thinking they'll develop grotty bits under their ledges etc. which will be a total arse to maintain (I am not an avid cleaner in the slightest).

Has anyone had experience of them?

namechangedtoday15 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:09:00

Do you mean the split face ones? We also like the look of these but I think you need to be careful about whether you have the natural stone ones or the porcelain replica. If its the natural stone, I think they need to be sealed and the wall behind has to be fully tanked (as it it were a wet room).

If those are not the ones you mean then, ignore me.

I would be wary of having them in the actual shower - we have whichever water (can't remember whether its hard or soft) which means we get quite a lot of residue on tiles / grout so I wouldn't have them. Can you incorporate them as a sort of feature in a dry part of the room?!

FurbysMakeSexNoises Mon 01-Feb-16 21:32:50

Thanks, yes I'm rethinking and might put them as splashback. Thanks for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now