Talk

Advanced search

Doors with lots of glass in them for upstairs?

(8 Posts)
Nofoolnomore Thu 21-Jan-16 17:00:31

Hi, a silly/petty question but I am faffing...

I've kindly been offered 4 second hand but good quality internal doors - the type that are a bit old fashioned - dark wood with about 10 small rectangle panes of glass in them.

Would it be weird to have them upstairs? The current doors are basically corrugated cardboard and plywood (my house is a 1970's relic awaiting cosmetic makeover when I can eventually afford it).

TIA x

pookamoo Thu 21-Jan-16 17:09:03

go for it. You could put colourful fabric on the insides of the bedroom doors / bathroom doors.

Floggingmolly Thu 21-Jan-16 17:09:32

Yes, it would be. Surely you don't want bedroom / bathroom doors made of glass??

pookamoo Thu 21-Jan-16 17:10:01

like these in whatever fabrics you like.

pookamoo Thu 21-Jan-16 17:11:20

if you like painting, you could always paint the dark wood.

Nofoolnomore Thu 21-Jan-16 18:13:14

Thank you for your replies.

Great link pookamoo!

I've decided to take them and use either material or frosted film for windows for the bathroom.

Anything's got to be better than the current cardboard doors!

Milliways Thu 04-Feb-16 15:43:09

Our house has internal glass door everywhere. We literally did not realise, until the day we moved in, that the toilet was at top of stairs behind a glass door! (When looking around we just went in bathroom and did not notice the door)
We managed with a net curtain/voile thing hung behind it until door replaced with another glazed door but with frosted panels.
The bedroom doors all have dressing gowns hung on them.
The downstairs shower room door was replaced!

Currently redecorating and it takes ages to paint around all the panels, but they do keep the house light & airy.

MiaowTheCat Tue 09-Feb-16 07:52:01

My mum has them and just has decorative voile panels hung down over the glazed bits to make them look like more of a feature than a bargain. Looks quite nice actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now