Talk

Advanced search

What accent colour would go with pale grey walls?

(9 Posts)
CinnamonBunYou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:17:22

It's for my bedroom. I don't particularly like yellows, blues or greens or bright colours.

I want subtle and was thinking a taupe or lavender for bedding and curtains and few accessories and something on the wall above my bed. Not sure if the whole room will look too drab and boring though.

Google just brings up grey everything or grey and yellow.

Can anyone help please?

MissBattleaxe Sun 17-Jan-16 23:19:52

Lavender sounds nice. Maybe lavender and pale mossy green with silver accents?

PhoebeMcPeePee Sun 17-Jan-16 23:32:55

I love a pale dusky pink with grey - so restful and pretty in a bedroom what I would have if DH wasn't so anti- pink

CinnamonBunYou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:34:26

I had to Google pale mossy green, I imagined a completely different colour but I do really like it actually, I will have a look and see what accessories I can find in that colour, thanks smile

PhoebeMcPeePee Sun 17-Jan-16 23:36:10

Something Like this

Devora Sun 17-Jan-16 23:38:26

Well, grey goes with pretty much everything, so the world's your oyster smile.

How about petrol blue, or teal, or eau de nil?

Or blush pink? Burnt orange? Deep rose?

CinnamonBunYou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:41:20

Ooh that is a nice colour. I have seen a lot of little girl's bedrooms, whilst looking for ideas for DD's bedroom, in grey and pale pink and it looks lovely.

My house is all creams and naturals and I'm fed up of it so want to add a bit of colour to each room but didn't want bright or colours that really stand out.

Thanks smile

CinnamonBunYou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:49:39

I like the pale mossy green and the eau de nil (both similar colours judging by what came up on Google) and also the pale dusky pink suggestion. Might just scrap the lavender and go for either of those, thanks smile

MooseAndSquirrel Sun 17-Jan-16 23:49:54

Ive slate grey wall with deep purple accessories (curtains, bed runner) feels very plush and warm in my bedroom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now