Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which sofa do you like best?

(17 Posts)
CatchingBabies Wed 06-Jan-16 19:45:39

Can't decide between these two sofas.

First one has faux leather frame with fabric cushions. All covers washable but not reversible it states. Foam seat cushions.

Second one is genuine leather but probably cheap leather. Cushions all fixed. £150 more than first one but still in budget.

We have 3 children, a dog and a cat. Last sofa is fabric and ripped to shreds after years of abuse, want something that will last but OH hates leather being cold, I could put a throw and cushions on it though. Never had leather before, hoping it's more durable?

CatchingBabies Wed 06-Jan-16 19:46:59

Whoops forgot photos.

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Jan-16 19:48:10

Pics ?

But I would go with real leather other than fake. Fake anything is usually horrible. Or get the cheapest, as I imagine the animals may well rip it again.

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Jan-16 19:49:20

Just on look, I like the plain dark coloured one - is that Sofa 2?

CatchingBabies Wed 06-Jan-16 19:51:48

Yeah the black one is the leather one and the other is a grey scatter cushion type fabric one. Not sure why it's posted the same pic twice.

Dog is banned from sofas and quite good but cat isn't so well trained. Are claw marks more likely to show on leather than fabric? That's OHs argument at the min.

Cockbollocks Wed 06-Jan-16 19:53:20

I think they will show more tbh, also a throw will be constantly sliding off!!

QueenMolotov Wed 06-Jan-16 19:56:33

Personally, I dislike real leather due to animal welfare issues. I dislike faux leather for furniture because it tends to look cheap and you can get all sweaty on it.

Because of this, we have a faux suede sofa which is wearing well 2-and-a-half years later, with 2 dcs and a dog (who has never been allowed on this sofa!). It is a Harvey's one (bought in a sale, so a bargain) and I love it and would buy from them again.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Wed 06-Jan-16 19:57:38

I prefer the look of the fabric one - looks comfy and cosy.

And your DH is right about the cat - many moons ago I had a cat and it destroyed my leather chair. He had a scratching post but much preferred the feel of leather on his claws hmm little rascal!

CatchingBabies Wed 06-Jan-16 20:02:36

Mmm looking like the fabric one then. Will the seat cushions being foam and not springs mean they go flat really quickly?

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:05:38

Hadn't thought of that. I've never had a foam sofa, only sprung, but I imagine that as long as you regularly rotate and plump the cushions they'd be fine.

wowfudge Wed 06-Jan-16 21:44:36

The leather one has a low back which means it won't support your head and neck and you'll end up slouched to be comfy. Good quality foam seat cushions are comfortable and wear well. What does the frame feel like under the seat cushions?

CatchingBabies Thu 07-Jan-16 00:30:26

No idea Fudge, only seen it online. It's a cheap sofa so probably not amazing but budget isn't huge so am limited. Think I'm gonna order the fabric one. Off to homebase tomorrow to pick out paint etc. as whole living room is having an overhaul.

y0rkier0se Thu 07-Jan-16 00:34:19

I wouldn't advise scatter cushion backs. Not comfy and don't last imo

y0rkier0se Thu 07-Jan-16 00:34:58

Have you looked at SCS? They've got one of those double discount things on at the moment and there's 10% cash back through topcashback I think

BumWad Thu 07-Jan-16 00:35:07

Prefer fabric one looks cosier and more interesting. I've never liked full on leather sofas although can understand they're easier to clean.

BumWad Thu 07-Jan-16 00:35:56

The legs on the leather sofa make it look really naff too

SaggingTits Thu 07-Jan-16 00:40:53

I love the first one but the second will probably be easier to keep clean with children and pets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now