Talk

Advanced search

Help to find a decent sofabed

(10 Posts)
flier Mon 04-Jan-16 08:48:13

I'm looking for a decent sized sofabed which, although for occasional use, needs to be comfy for two adults (grandparents). Budget is under £700. All the decent ones I see seem to be too many £££s and ikea ones seem very cumbersome to open up. Any advice?

Moving15 Mon 04-Jan-16 08:54:07

Sorry no help from me but I am looking for exactly the same thing and so would like to follow your post!

maybebabybee Mon 04-Jan-16 08:57:06

Likewise, no advice but am looking for something similar so placemarking!

Trooperslane Mon 04-Jan-16 09:02:48

Oops. Place marking too for same reasons.

Bambambini Mon 04-Jan-16 09:03:13

We got a decent one out of DFS, think- it was around that price. It's a big 3 seater but is a proper double size. The mattress is good for a sofa bed but you could also use a mattress topper for extra comfort if needed.

Bambambini Mon 04-Jan-16 09:05:00

And easy to open and put away. Used DFS several times and good customer service and delivery etc.

HeffalumpTrap Mon 04-Jan-16 09:11:43

We have an ikea hemnes one, it's not too cumbersome to open as long as there's nothing heavy in the drawers and the carpet pile isn't too deep, but it's definitely not as easy as an unfolding one. It is very comfortable though.

flier Mon 04-Jan-16 09:41:11

Thanks Bambambini, I'd planned a trip to DFS. HeffalumpTrap, that's good to know that the Ikea one is comfy, at least, thanks.

Madelinehatter Mon 04-Jan-16 18:26:08

M and S. I had a great one which lasted years. Not cheap though.

flier Mon 04-Jan-16 18:30:54

I'll take a look there thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now