Help me choose bathroom tiles

(10 Posts)
ListObsessed Thu 31-Dec-15 21:32:16

Dark floor with small cream tiles, light floor with small cream tiles or floor and walls in mottled tiles? Wall paint would be the dark brown that the cream tile is laying against. Radiator will be fitted. Blue paint and everything else will be gone. Votes please.

littlem133 Fri 01-Jan-16 09:39:34

I like the dark floor in the first picture with the blue walls!!

wowfudge Fri 01-Jan-16 14:15:55

I prefer the darker floor, but it will show dust, etc more than the lighter ones. We have something a bit lighter.

AliceInUnderpants Fri 01-Jan-16 14:29:04

I would go for light all over, but I do like the dark floor with light tiles. No way would I have dark walls though. How is the natural light situation in your bathroom?

wowfudge Fri 01-Jan-16 14:37:10

Good point - we inherited a bathroom with brown walls and only small areas of white tiled splashback and I wouldn't choose that colour. We used to refer it to as 'that shitty brown' (sorry).

Qwebec Mon 11-Jan-16 03:16:31

No to the dark tiles. More so if you chood the dark brown walls.
The second tiles are a bit boring.
The third are lovely, they make the space bigger and they have a beautiful depth. In addition the dark ones will always look dusty and the pale ones dirty but the last one hide both.

I like the blue too

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Mon 11-Jan-16 03:37:30

I don't like same tiles on floor and walls if that's all there is.

My vote is mottled tiles on floor and brown paint on walls. (Or red walls and dark brown floor tiles)

We are having an extension this year and although we are just on the brink of choosing the builders, I'm already exhausting myself about this very thing.
We will have a lot of areas that need tiling and the possibilities really are endless - having just discovered the most awesome porcelain floortiles that look & are shaped like wood (many different finishes, oak is my favourite) I've been feeling quite giddy all weekend! grin

HereIAm20 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:55:44

Just gratuitously posting a pic of my new bathroom which has wood effect tiles and fired earth patterned tiles in the shower! Does that help/inspire? It does look as though you are moving away from the blue though!

Luckystar1 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:57:55

^ sexual (I hope this doesn't cross post...!)

Ps. The 3rd tile are by far the loveliest!

varicoseveronica Wed 13-Jan-16 18:01:01

Here I lusted after those Fired Earth tiles and the vanity unit for ages envy. Your bathroom is gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now