Talk

Advanced search

Tidafors ikea sofa -any good?

(6 Posts)
Holty35 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:32:53

Hi just wondered if anyone out there has the Tidafors sofa from IKEA? Really like it in the store as it seems comfy, particularly as I have a bad back, but am worried how it will look in a couple of years, sagging etc?

Monica101 Thu 31-Dec-15 13:04:00

I'm just about to buy two of these sofas.

They do seem comfortable but am a bit worried about quality too.

Would also like to hear from anyone who has had one for a year or so smile

Cariadity Tue 26-Jan-16 00:44:59

I had one in beige but sold it after a year. One of the supporting springs came loose, ikea were very good about coming to fix it (I had moved house and it wasn't an issue) but the fabric also bobbled and looked grubby quickly. I chose it because I knew we would be moving and wanted a range I knew I could add more items from but decided to sell instead of buying more as I was so disappointed. It was comfy and had a nice high back though, a but of a pain to build! Hope this helps x

Monica101 Tue 26-Jan-16 14:04:21

Thanks Cariadity, that's helpful. I've not bought the sofas yet, i'm still procrastinating.

It's a shame they've worn badly, especially don't like the sound of the bobbling.

They do feel comfortable in the shop shape wise but I think I may give them a miss if they don't look good in only a year.

TheLesserSpottedBee Tue 26-Jan-16 18:53:34

I've had mine for almost 3 years and we have a 3 seater and a 2 seater plus the massive half moon footstools that I don't think you can get anymore. They are dark grey.

They have faded a little in the sun, you can feel a slight indent where your arse goes grin but for the price of them I think they have held up well.

They have bobbled a bit but the fabric hides it because of how it is woven. For a 2 seater and 3 seater for less than £900, I think they are a bargain.

I have had the Ektorp sofa bed for 5 years in the children's playroom and that has really stood the test of time (and children who roll around, launch themselves from it and onto it)

I suppose it depends how long you envisage having them for. I would say that in 18 months - 2 years ours will definitely need replacing.

Holty35 Tue 26-Jan-16 20:58:31

Thanks for your replies! I think I also won't bother like monika101 I also think that although they look and feel good in the store I don't want to risk them looking shabby in a year/18 months. Thank you for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now