Talk

Advanced search

Non-washable Cotton Sofa and Toddler… Am I mad?

(8 Posts)
SittingPrettyToday Mon 07-Dec-15 12:08:13

So, I really like this sofa:http://www.roche-bobois.com/en-KZ/product/mah-jong-compositions-types-missoni-home-a12

But, I’m not made of money so was thinking of buying this: www.maisonsdumonde.com/UK/en/produits/fiche/5-seater-cotton-corner-day-bed-multicoloured-bolchoi-116925.htm

Problem I can imagine is that I have a toddler who is mostly potty trained, and the covers are not removable... I also have friends who are prone to spilling tea etc.

So… get the sofa and just turn the cushions over once they get too stained? Some kind of DIY Scotch Guarding type stuff? Throws? Does anyone know of a more durable sofa in a similar style? Or give up and sit on plastic garden chairs!

What do you think?

DPotter Mon 07-Dec-15 12:18:58

Like the sofa and colour scheme.
If the covers are non-removeable I wouldn't buy it - it's just as likely to be my with a glass of red as any toddlers with lovely sticky fingers.

SoupDragon Mon 07-Dec-15 12:22:03

<<looks at own sofa which has removable machine washable covers>>

Yes, I think you are mad!

My sofa is grubby and the covers do get washed a couple of times a year. When they get really bad I can buy more as it's an IKEA Ektorp.

SoupDragon Mon 07-Dec-15 12:23:06

All those little dimples are going to get full of fluff, stuff and toddler sick.

SittingPrettyToday Mon 07-Dec-15 12:40:47

Hmm... see, I was hoping that I wouldn't hear that, (but expecting I might)...

Wishing for magic fairy spot-cleaning wand...

Noteventhebestdrummer Mon 07-Dec-15 13:38:30

Yes

notarehearsal Tue 08-Dec-15 10:28:05

Absolutely love it, not too sure with young children. However when mine were very small I had a bright yellow sofa, used throws and trained dc not to put sticky hands on arms of sofa. Honestly it's doable if you really love it

wiltingfast Tue 08-Dec-15 10:41:43

Buy a good steam cleaner to clean sofa with?! What does the manufacturer say about cleaning it?

Have to say I'm not a hugely "everything must be spotless" person compared to lots on MN but our sofa covers get washed about twice a year. And my toddlers are now 4 and 6!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now