Talk

Advanced search

Good bedside lamps not shabby chic or industrial

(9 Posts)
Honesttodog Sun 06-Dec-15 14:31:11

Am on the hunt for a pair of bedside lamps for our spare room. I like touch lamps but search not limited to them. Just wondered if anyone can recommend sth that gives a really good light but will look lovely. I'd love a lamp with a brass base but hard to find. Room has cream walls with pale green and peach accent colours. Bedside tables are high so lamp can't be too high. What do you have that you like?

Bambooshoots14 Sun 06-Dec-15 15:06:44

Have you checked Laura Ashley?

MrsTammySwanson Sun 06-Dec-15 18:35:01

John Lewis. They have some really lovely ones.

Honesttodog Sun 06-Dec-15 20:01:00

i was hoping people would tell me about lamps they actually own smile I need ones with good reading light for my parents to use when they stay.

wowfudge Sun 06-Dec-15 20:26:18

They don't feature brass, but we have some white opaque glass ones - they are 12" high columns about 6" across. Got them from B&Q a few years ago.

TK Maxx are worth a look for lamps.

wonkylegs Sun 06-Dec-15 20:39:16

www.castlegatelights.co.uk have some nice brass base bedside lamps - sort table lights by price low-high to find them
Good supplier I've bought quite a few lights from them and they've been fab

Honesttodog Sun 06-Dec-15 20:44:26

cheers wonky will check it out

JT05 Tue 08-Dec-15 19:48:21

We have frosted glass globes, also come in columns/ shapes. Give a good all round light and don't shine in your eyes when reading! B&Q and Habitat have a range.

amarmai Tue 08-Dec-15 19:50:57

Ikea has a good lighting dept.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now