Talk

Advanced search

Kids room ideas!?

(6 Posts)
Hawest1 Sat 05-Dec-15 16:24:02

From Christmas 'Santa' is giving my boys a new bedroom, they share so we have got them bunk beds & got them a nice stripey wall paper for a feature wall.... But after that I'm stuck!
I wanted wall stickers (or something) but they don't really like the same things (character wise anyway) for me to pick any.
I don't want it to be plain & seem to grown up, they are kids after all!!

Anyone any ideas?
what's ur kids rooms like?

Buttercup27 Sat 05-Dec-15 16:27:23

What about a painted chalk board/magnetic noard on the wall with a rail from ikea under it with chalk and magnets in (I'm half way through creating one at the moment on the kitchen ).

Hawest1 Sat 05-Dec-15 16:30:58

Ahh that's actually a good idea! I will have to look into that ☺️ Thanks very much!

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 05-Dec-15 16:34:33

You can get magnetic paint. Paint under the paper.
DS has glo in the dark stars on the ceiling. Still going 5 years on.
Posters are good. Get sime cheap plactic frames. Change as necessary.

PotteringAlong Sat 05-Dec-15 16:37:13

My DS has an ikea tent in his bedroom as a den!

Hawest1 Sat 05-Dec-15 16:45:55

Aw I had glow in the dark stars as a kid & loved them! Why did I not think of them!? Haha total mind blank!
Not sure they will have enough room for things like tents, but thanks very much for the idea, the room right now consists of 2 beds, wardrobes, toy unit & they really only have the space between the beds for playing in (so the livingroom gets the brunt of the mess!! Lol) so bunk bed will free up a lot of room for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now