Talk

Advanced search

Cream walls, beige carpet - what colour sofa/accessories...?

(7 Posts)
MrBennOfFestivalRoad Fri 04-Dec-15 19:27:39

We don't want to redecorate/get new carpet as in good condition and we have other priorities. Sofa has to be leather. Ideally, I would like a grey sofa but don't think that it will go with the walls and carpet. So I am thinking about getting a dark brown sofa (I know that they're not popular on here) with mustard, lime or orange accessories - I don't want teal as we already have that in another room.

Many thanks!

MoonlightandMusic Fri 04-Dec-15 22:18:22

Well beige/camel and grey are v. 'in' in clothes at the moment, so a tan leather could work well. I'd probably stick with varying neutral beige/brown shades for the accessories too, but no reason you couldn't add in a hint of teal to tie in with your other room without going OTT.

topusers Thu 24-Dec-15 11:23:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 24-Dec-15 11:33:43

I like orange accessories and the sofa doesn't have to be dark brown, how about a lovely cognac or conker colour? (It would still be neutral.)

Monica101 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:56:43

Personally I think grey or charcoal would look nice and more current than brown.

For accessories i've seem some nice pastels, but most colours can work with grey. It is a great neutral colour.

VulcanWoman Thu 24-Dec-15 15:05:22

I'd go for dark brown then you favourite colour for accessories, I like aubergine or burgundy.

Scattymum101 Tue 29-Dec-15 00:33:35

I think burnt orange with chocolate brown is really nice. Looks classy and cosy.
I'm not a fan of grey. It makes me feel cold. Browns and creams may not be 'current' anymore but we're pretty much about to decorate our whole house brown and cream because it feels so cosy and homely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now