Talk

Advanced search

Wall Art

(9 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Sat 28-Nov-15 00:24:16

Hi

I looking for a bit of wall art for above my fireplace. Not having much luck. Does anyone have a website they could recommend?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 28-Nov-15 00:25:24

You do know wall art is naff, right?

CheekyMaleekey Sat 28-Nov-15 00:37:31

What's your taste, op? Do you mean a framed painting or print?

Ignore Halfpenny.

cedricsneer Sat 28-Nov-15 08:29:10

This is my current favourite website ink{http://en.yellowkorner.com\en.yellowkorner.co]]m} and I have recently bought this this.

Hard to know what you like though. Rockett st George is always good for a browse. Pinterest?

Wall art is naff? What a weird thing to say...

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 28-Nov-15 10:24:56

Ah! You mean pictures to hang on the wall!!! They aren't naff.
I thought you meant those "meaningful words" that people like to stick on their walls these days. THEY are naff.

VulcanWoman Sat 28-Nov-15 10:42:42

It would have to be something really meaningful and special for me to have some wall art, I usually go for a nice mirror. sad oh and family photos.

Ningnang2000 Sat 28-Nov-15 13:16:06

Wall art being a catch all term for things you hang on the wall.

I've already got a big mirror over the console table on the same wall (it's a long wall) and the space is too big for nothing.

My room is pretty neutral at the moment so I want to inject some colour. I like the stuff that Julie Dumbarton www.juliedumbarton.com does but it might be a bit too "in your face" for DP.

We have a commissioned picture of out family by Hayley Restal which I LOVE. www.hayleyrestall.com ours is October in the 2015 calender if anyone is interested.
My furniture is the non painted Hartford furniture from Next, sofas are dark brown leather with red and fawn cushions, red rug.

We will be putting up this dark blue wallpaper up in an alcove in dinning room.

www.grahambrown.com/uk/product/33-279-karma-midnight?gclid=Cj0KEQiAvuWyBRDO_Yzhpv_4nvEBEiQANBdXMp44xLCtOr0RXWXw97Pd5jq8u_iItmoOl2DRz7pRsAQaAlLo8P8HAQ

It's not my ideal wallpaper but will do until I find the one as it's only a small space.

This is essentially the same wall as he living room and dining room run into each other.

Ningnang2000 Sat 28-Nov-15 13:18:10

Loving he yellow korner site. Will need to have a browse.

VulcanWoman Sat 28-Nov-15 16:50:30

Just had a look at your first link, they're good aren't they.
I was looking at the link below a while back, I think they're really interesting, caught my eye.

eddiecalz.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now