Talk

Advanced search

Woodwork colour with white upvc windows

(3 Posts)
Youareyou Tue 24-Nov-15 21:30:36

Our house is Edwardian and the living room is a good size with high ceilings, an original fireplace and attractive alcove units. Unfortunately there is also a large window with patio doors in white upvc.

Ideally I wanted to paint the walls a farrow and ball cream colour with the walls a proper off white shade. But will this look odd with the plastic windows? I'm not a fan of bright white and I suppose the plastic isn't proper bright white now anyway. We can't afford to change the window so what do you think?

MoonlightandMusic Tue 24-Nov-15 22:32:01

Off-white should be fine - the insides of our windows are standard PVC white, but the surrounding wood-work is a Dulux Ivory White and the colour difference doesn't particularly stand out - rest of the rooms downstairs are LittleGreene French Grey (mid). Using an F&B off-white might actually mean the window surrounds look brighter too, due to the contrast.

Youareyou Wed 25-Nov-15 14:00:51

Thanks. You might be right as I suspect they aren't really bright white any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now