Talk

Advanced search

Bold colour palette critique/help

(7 Posts)
silversixpence Sun 15-Nov-15 22:29:49

I want to use some bold bright and dark colours when we decorate our new house. I like this type of style ie. bright colours with white and grey and wondered how these colours would work.

Hallway: turquoise and grey tiled floor,Fired Earth Hummingbird (bright teal/turquoise) paint below rail, white above
Front formal reception: Farrow and Ball Pavilion grey, raspberry pink and grey sofa
Study: Hague blue or Downpipe with same colour shelving with yellow armchair and oak desk
Open plan living room: Pavilion Grey kitchen with white worktop and Hague blue island with red bar stools. Sitting area turquoise sofa and grey L shaped corner sofa. Oak dining table.
Utility room - grey/white patterned tiles on floor and Green Blue units (could also have Pavilion Grey to match kitchen)
Cloakroom WC turquoise and grey tiles, Hummingbird walls.

Some of the furniture is existing so can't change those colours. Does it sound like it will 'flow' or all be too random? Is it going to be too turquoise? I also love Emerald green and bright yellow but can't fit them in grin (possibly wall behind sitting area in open plan room).

silversixpence Mon 16-Nov-15 16:32:59

Bump smile

StillRunningWithScissors Mon 16-Nov-15 16:38:13

Sounds lovely to me. I am someone who loves bold colours though. I think as long as you are careful to balance things out so your eye has somewhere to rest (the white in the hall and the use of grey you mention sound great), then I think it can work really well.

The page you linked to is great.

Devora Mon 16-Nov-15 19:09:39

It sounds lovely smile

dontcallmelen Mon 16-Nov-15 22:18:56

I love colour to, the only thing am not sure of would be, the red stools as that seems a little jarring with your colour palette, otherwise sounds lovely.

silversixpence Mon 16-Nov-15 23:01:21

Yes I'm not sure about that or the Hague blue island, might end up sticking to grey for all the cabinets or maybe Downpipe on the island.

dontcallmelen Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:23

Yy to downpipe maybe would blend a little better, than The Hague blue.
Have a look at Mylands paint they have lovely colours & covers really, well I painted my kitchen cupboards in the eggshell, has proved much more hard wearing than either f&b/littlegreene, they stock it in Brewers in Bromley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now