How can I cover my trellis?

(7 Posts)
ILoveGreekCats Tue 10-Nov-15 19:22:39

We've put up a trellis between us and our neighbours. Ideally I'd like to have some sort of climbing plant covering it but I wondered if there was a more instant solution. How else could I cover it so that I don't have to look at my annoying neighbours? The trellis is about 1×2 metres.

Tarrarra Tue 10-Nov-15 19:25:52

I bought a climber from Lidl in September and it's covered nearly all my fence panel already. It was a Solanum jasminoides. Could you staple a garden mesh/netting behind the trellis for instant cover?

biscuitkumquat Tue 10-Nov-15 19:32:52

I've seen plastic leaves, they look a bit like a feather boa, but they are leaves, and you just wrap them around your trellis & keep moving them up as your plants grow?

ILoveGreekCats Tue 10-Nov-15 19:54:15

I was looking at some artificial covering earlier.Basically just leaves.It was the exact size but it looked a bit tacky.

blueobsessive Thu 19-Nov-15 23:23:54

I have hung lots of small pots with parsley and cyclamens on mine. I used simple s hooks from the fit shop, then drilled holes in the top of a multipack of zinc pots.

blueobsessive Thu 19-Nov-15 23:24:40

Oops. Fit = diy (damn autocorrect)

thriftychicken Mon 23-Nov-15 18:53:33

I bought lots of long trailing ivy plants from ikea and put them in pots hooked on to my trellis .

www.thebasketcompany.com/plant-pots-planters-c21/burgon-ball-wicker-plant-pot-companion-planter-p96

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now