Talk

Advanced search

Indian Fabric (Embroidered or mirror work)

(5 Posts)
PrincessHairyMclary Sat 07-Nov-15 14:17:34

We are redecorating DDs bedroom and it has an Indian/elephant/travel theme.

She will have the Ikea Stuva loft bed and I was thinking of maybe fitting some material/curtain along the desk area so it can be hideaway, we have also taken the door off of an inbuilt cupboard to create a reading nook so I'm also looking for material to make a cushion and perhaps a curtain to also go over this area.

The wall paper has quite a bit of gold, red and teal in it. So does anyone know where I can find some Indian embroidered or mirror work type fabric.

hefzi Sat 07-Nov-15 20:05:45

Ebay (though I'm sure there are heaps of other places): I get loads of my fabric from there, and recently got some Indiany-type material from there to make curtains from - came from India, was about £10 including postage (so not too bad to post back if it was wrong) and came in a fortnight. And it was exactly what it had promised to be!

lalalonglegs Wed 11-Nov-15 09:05:28

I've gone to sari shops and bought cheap saris when I wanted that sort of fabric. Some of them seemed ridiculously cheap.

ConesOfDunshire Wed 11-Nov-15 13:25:39

Whereabouts in the country do you live? Any area with a large Asian population will have masses of fabric shops but the East End has a particular wealth if you are anywhere nearby.

PrincessHairyMclary Wed 11-Nov-15 18:24:55

Thank you for the replys.

I live on the Norfolk Coast where The population is 99% Caucasian so no sari shops here. I'll have another look on ebay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: