Talk

Advanced search

What duvet / curtains to go with this wallpaper

(5 Posts)
WutheringFrights Wed 04-Nov-15 23:23:55

We are decorating DSs bedroom and have bought this wallpaper
We are putting it on two walls then painting the other two mag.
I'm painting his wardrobe to look like a beach hut and chest of drawers to look like a campervan and making some shelves that look like surfboards.
I am, however, stumped on curtains and duvet, I was thinking thick stripes like deckchair design or surfer hibiscus print which probably would be too busy.
Can anyone suggest something else or should I just go for one colour from the wallpaper....argh! I have too many ideas for one small room!

LettuceLaughton Wed 04-Nov-15 23:40:03

Most certainly plain bedding and curtains. The green of the sofa in the photos works well with the paper.

WutheringFrights Wed 04-Nov-15 23:55:25

I was so intent on looking for a duvet/ curtain combo that I didn't even look at the sofa...it looks right with it doesnt it.
That's a plan!

Freya15 Sat 14-Nov-15 17:15:03

Have you thought about blinds instead of curtains?
There are many stockists that do printing onto them...maybe a beech sunset?
Give interest for the window dressing?

As for the dressing on the bed, I too would opt for plain covers, but I would use pattern on scatter customs or maybe a throw to tie in with the rooms theme.

VulcanWoman Sat 14-Nov-15 17:38:05

I think I'd go with a colour from the wallpaper, the green or blue, probably blue with the surf/beach theme. I'm sure it will all look great when it's finished.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now