Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on these tiles for hallway

(15 Posts)
silversixpence Wed 04-Nov-15 08:12:46

Can I use these tiles in a hallway? It's an Edwardian semi. Rest of the downstairs will be floorboards or parquet. With white/grey walls mostly.

80sWaistcoat Wed 04-Nov-15 08:20:24

I think they are beautiful.

silversixpence Wed 04-Nov-15 09:54:32

I love them but not sure if I should use them in the downstairs cloakroom or the hall. Also they are likely to be cold and my DH's eyes will pop at the cost

Boutonneux Wed 04-Nov-15 13:44:53

They're lovely. Yes, they'd be cold underfoot but that wouldn't bother me.

minipie Wed 04-Nov-15 17:28:47

They are nice but wow they are bright, so you need to be sure you'll still love them in a few years' time. Personally I'm a wuss and would go for one of the more muted coloured options in that range for the hallway and put the bright ones in the loo.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 04-Nov-15 19:27:54

I adore them! If you think you'll love them in fifteen years' time go for it, if not sure then cloakroom safer.

Iwanttobeadog Wed 04-Nov-15 20:11:05

They're beautiful. Have you looked at best-tile? We got our encaustic tiles from there and they were much cheaper

silversixpence Wed 04-Nov-15 20:43:47

I love brightgrin

I think if it was just me I would definitely go for it!

silversixpence Wed 04-Nov-15 20:45:23

I have looked at Best Tile and actually got samples a couple of years ago for a project but didn't end up using them. I don't love any of them as much for a hallway but they are much better value.

silversixpence Mon 22-Feb-16 23:01:47

I've chosen these ones instead as Fired Earth withdrew their tiles due to a fault in production and I thought they might be too busy/dark. I'm a bit worried about the finish being durable but will chance it - does anyone have similar tiles?

silversixpence Mon 22-Feb-16 23:03:13

Should look something like this when finished (but I will have teal walls up to the picture rail and white stairs with a grey striped runner)

Qwebec Wed 24-Feb-16 03:30:15

I love those tiles! very beautiful.

silversixpence Wed 24-Feb-16 18:26:23

Thanks! I'm a bit worried about the fitting as we're not supposed to walk on them for a few days and they sound quite delicate. Hopefully it will all be fine and will look as good as I imagine!

Twittwattwoo2 Thu 25-Feb-16 06:37:13

I would like to have something similar in our hallway. Do you tile up to the skirting boards or remove them then put back after?

silversixpence Thu 25-Feb-16 23:24:29

We will be removing the skirting boards and replacing them afterwards, as part of a bigger renovation. The tiles are quite thick so you would not be able to remove the skirting boards if you tile right up to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now