Talk

Advanced search

Striped carpet stairs and landing

(7 Posts)
IslandGirlie Mon 02-Nov-15 21:24:18

We are decorating our dark hallway, stairs and landing. Walls are being painted in Dulux Timeless. Also getting a light tunnel fitted top of the landing to add some light.

I'd be happy with plain carpet but DH says he quite likes striped carpet hmm I'm not sure if it's out dated or not?

What do you think? Hallway is parquet flooring. Would it be too much to have striped carpet coming off up the stairs?

Thank you x

kaymondo Mon 02-Nov-15 21:32:19

Not sure about how it would go with the parquet flooring but stripey stair carpet definitely seems to be in at the moment, seen loads of pics in mags of it. In fact we're considering it too. smile

SixtyFootDoll Mon 02-Nov-15 21:34:34

I've had stripes for a year or so now. I've got no hall as such so I think it makes things less dull.

Floralnomad Mon 02-Nov-15 21:39:26

We are just about to have stripy carpet laid in our stairs and landing , I think it will look brilliant.

IslandGirlie Mon 02-Nov-15 21:49:51

Thank you for the replies X

Kay, I know what you mean, I'm worried about the clash too.

Ladies, who me what you are choosing to lay?

IslandGirlie Tue 03-Nov-15 15:53:44

Bump

Opinions please?

OnceAnOwl Sat 07-Nov-15 00:13:27

We've got stripes on the stairs and landing and love it. Not got tired of it at all. We have a narrow stripe. Don't worry about it being 'outdated', I think it's a MN thing that certain decor is outdated, have what you like.

I'd love a light tunnel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now