Talk

Advanced search

Pale Grey Paint

(18 Posts)
nutmegella Thu 29-Oct-15 20:24:56

Hi all - any advice on pale grey paint please?

At the moment my favourite is Great White (F&B) with an accent wall of Cornforth White (F&B). Would everyone who has used those agree they are a good pale and darker grey.

Have ruled out Blackened as too bluey and tried a few Little Greene and Dulux paints but they all looked more blue than I wanted.

Thank you so much

SorrelForbes Sat 31-Oct-15 19:50:59

We're just about to paint our sitting room using Little Green paint in Inox. We were thinking of using Gauze but it was too blue and French Grey was too beige.

We found both the FB Cornforth and Great White shades too brown.

Believeitornot Sat 31-Oct-15 19:56:16

Snowfall by crown. I love it!

TheWildRumpyPumpus Sat 31-Oct-15 19:56:32

We've just down our downstairs bathroom in Little Greene Inox. Looks great.

Have previously used Dulux Grey Steel 4 in a bedroom and Dulux Night Jewels in a living room.

SauvignonPlonker Sat 31-Oct-15 20:03:12

I just painted my bedroom pale grey. After endless faffing with numerous paint samples (none of which looked remotely like they did on the colour charts) I got it mixed at B&Q in a colour called Modern Grey.

Sorry I can't remember their range but it was about £35 for a large tin, which covered the whole room.

Twittwattwoo2 Sat 31-Oct-15 20:17:11

I think Great White has pink or lilac tones. If using with Cornforth I'd maybe go for Strong White, unless you want lilac tones.

My south facing front room is painted Ammonite (one shade lighter than Cornforth) with the chimney breast in Purbeck Stone (one shade darker than Cornforth), it's a very subtle contrast and doesn't look dark at all.

In north facing rooms I think Cornforth looks a slightly browner grey colour.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sat 31-Oct-15 20:53:58

I also have Modern Grey, which is by valspar. Beautiful pale true grey and was the only colour out of about 15 testers that didn't show up lilac or blue.

Hiahia Mon 02-Nov-15 19:59:23

Ammonite and strong white are my absolute fave. True but soft, pale greys

PrimalLass Sat 07-Nov-15 11:43:19

We are doing the bit above the dado in the hall using Ammonite. Cornforth White was a bit too warm-toned.

Starfish999 Sun 08-Nov-15 18:48:04

Canvas by Fired Earth is amazing. Proper grey grey.

putcustardonit Sun 08-Nov-15 20:37:18

F&B Strong White. Pale grey but not bluey like Blackened, pale than Cornforth.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Sun 08-Nov-15 20:39:31

Our bedroom is in homebase urbanite grey, it looks fab and feels cosy which I wasn't expecting.

thriftymrs Tue 10-Nov-15 12:31:42

Hi OP, it took me ages to find the 'right' pale grey for our living room fireplace. We eventually settled on the palest of the Dulux Dusted Moss colours and it's absolutely perfect. It's one of their special mix to order paints.

Rosie70 Wed 11-Nov-15 13:37:41

Vote here for F&b Strong White too. Subtle, pale true grey.

verystressedmum Sun 15-Nov-15 23:32:01

I've used Valspar summer grey and it's a lovely soft grey.

Neffi Sun 15-Nov-15 23:35:17

I've recommended it before, Dulux dusted moss. Perfect grey grey.

ceeveebee Sun 15-Nov-15 23:36:29

We used crown gallery white. I love the f&b colours but find application too difficult to get a nice finish.

Devora Sun 15-Nov-15 23:55:19

Another vote for F&B Strong White. It's a brilliant colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now