Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please not magnolia.....

(19 Posts)
OneHandFlapping Tue 27-Oct-15 21:38:04

Practically my whole house is decorated in shades of cream magnolia. I really need something else for the kitchen before we all die of boredom.

The units are light oak, worktops blackish granite and the floor cream tiles.

Help!

IguanaTail Tue 27-Oct-15 21:39:30

White and lime green? Or white and cherry red

OneHandFlapping Wed 28-Oct-15 07:18:38

Wow Iguana, some imaginative suggestions there! I can't see the white working tbh. It's too cool compared to the light wood and cream.

My mind keeps tracking back to wretched safe Magnolia.

wonkylegs Wed 28-Oct-15 07:24:00

My in laws have similar colour units etc and have pale green walls - it looks nice

knaffedoff Wed 28-Oct-15 07:25:58

Another vote for green ??

OneHandFlapping Wed 28-Oct-15 07:26:37

I've been looking at greens, from aqua (too cold), through the grey- greens (too grey) and even some strange yellowy greens (too weird).

What shade do your in laws have?

Notthecarwashagain Wed 28-Oct-15 07:35:35

Dulux Overtly Olive is a nice green (imo)
I've just painted one wall of my dining room in it, but wondering whether to do the other three as well because I like it so much!

RainbowInACloud Wed 28-Oct-15 07:37:05

I think a warm pale green or a warm grey would be lovely

OneHandFlapping Wed 28-Oct-15 07:42:58

<makes note of Dulux Overtly Olive>

Rainbow, a warm green or grey you say? Not sure I can picture those. I don't suppose you've got any examples?

fitzbilly Wed 28-Oct-15 07:45:16

Dulux willow tree is the nicest shade of green ever and it would work in your kitchen.

Alternatively how about a pale yellow?

AGrinWithoutACat Wed 28-Oct-15 07:49:58

How big is your kitchen? If it's a larger room why not go with a bright shade on a least one wall (I love yellow kitchens) or go with paler shades with contrasting blinds/accessories

My kitchens mid size, pale wood units/black counter and we are going for a pale yellow but poppy red blinds etc

Dandelionandburdock1 Wed 28-Oct-15 07:53:30

Egyptian Cotton by Dulux is a winner in our house, it's a warm greyish beige (sounds dreadful I know!) but people often comment on how nice it is

BernardsBum Wed 28-Oct-15 07:54:31

I have just painted our kitchen in overtly olive. Love it! We have birch units, dark worktop and cream tiles on floor so not too dissimilar to you Op

wowfudge Wed 28-Oct-15 11:22:48

How about a warm pale blue?

OneHandFlapping Wed 28-Oct-15 18:27:05

Can anyone help me with the concept of warm blues and greens? Surely they are intrinsically cool colours?

Thanks all for the other suggestions. Yellow was in mind, and I'll look up Egyptian cotton

SwedishEdith Wed 28-Oct-15 18:35:34

Scroll down to East facing room That's a warm blue/green. Also, F&B Light Blue. Get them colour-matched - you don't need to actually use F&B, of course.

crumpet Wed 28-Oct-15 18:38:50

F & B Bone would look like a soft green. Have had it in 3 houses now and love it.

Diddlydokey Wed 28-Oct-15 18:42:29

We've got dulux soft apple and are getting this blind m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/harlequin-lulu-daylight-roller-blind-seagrass/p1692261#page_loaded

OneHandFlapping Wed 28-Oct-15 21:45:33

Thank you all for the ideas. It is a large east facing room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now