Advanced search

Tidafors or any Ikea sofas any good?

(6 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Sun 25-Oct-15 15:52:02

Hi, we have been looking for sofas for our living room for a while now, I prefer leather and my dh prefers the fabric so finding it hard to convince him about buying a leather one, he thinks leather ones are too cold to sit on. We were in Ikea last week and he has his eye on the Tidafors one now in the dark grey? I am not convinced about it to be honest and it needs some assembly as well, so not sure if the quality is any good? I would be grateful if anyone has this sofa or any Ikea sofas and knows about them. My kids are 16 and 14 so they wouldn't be jumping about or spilling stuff on them (well the spilling not too sure about lol). Thanks in advance.

OnceAnOwl Sun 25-Oct-15 17:00:28

We've got a Tidafors in a spare tv room. It wears quite well: DH, adult DS and teenage DS and cat. We tried it in the lounge but everyone prefers to slouch on the old low Harvey's one we've had for a while. Tidafors is more of a sit 'on' rather than sit 'in' sofa if you see what I mean. Having said that, it is comfortable.

Putting it together is fairly straight forward (my DH has taken it apart twice to try it in the lounge grin) it always looks good and I do like the grey, we've got a grey/brown that they don't do any more. With regards cleaning you can only sponge it, the covers don't come off. I don't know how the grey fabric sponges as it's different to mine.

My friends have Tidafors in their lounge and they love them. On balance I think they are well made, look good and are a good price.

TheUnwillingNarcheska Thu 29-Oct-15 21:33:56

There was a thread about Tidafors a long while back, the general consensus was that they last well.

We have had one for over 5 years, so the boys at the time would have been 7 and 4. It is in their playroom and they have never sat on it, dived on it, rolled around on it, jumped on it, wrestled on it yes, but sat? Rarely. grin

It is a 3 seater sofa bed version and looks brand new. We are currently sitting on another pair of Ikea sofas, these haven't stood up as well as the Tidafors but still a bargain and I would buy them all again.

WonderOnTheUp Sat 31-Oct-15 21:35:31

We also have these sofas in our living room (me, DH, DS8 dog and cats) had them about 18 months and are as good as new. Really pleased with them for the price we paid.

georgeclooneyfan Sun 01-Nov-15 16:31:19

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments about the Tidafors sofas, we have placed the order and they are due to come on Thursday so fingers crossed they look ok as I have gone for the dark grey colour, there weren't many options of colour really. Have to look out for some nice cushions to spruce the sofas up a bit.

OnceAnOwl Sun 01-Nov-15 19:17:50

That's good to hear, have fun choosing the cushions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now