Talk

Advanced search

What colour splashback for our greeny-grey kitchen?

(4 Posts)
snowgirl1 Wed 21-Oct-15 16:21:02

We've recently had our kitchen refitted and went for painted handle-less units/doors by DIY Kitchens in Dakar which is a grey-green colour like this.

We have quartz worktops in a white "ice chips" colour and with a small upstand.

The walls in the kitchen are painted white.

In the adjoining dining area we have this Next Geo wallpaper.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what colour splashback I could get that would compliment the units and worktop? I had been thinking about white, but think it might look a bit dull/same-y next to the white worktop.

AcrossthePond55 Wed 21-Oct-15 16:42:27

I rather like the look of the worktop colour in the picture of the kitchen. Would it be to 'stark' or contrasting with your white worktop?

What material backsplash are you looking for? If you use tile you could use a bit of white, the dark colour, and a mid-way colour (the cabinet colour or a same tone grey).

snowgirl1 Thu 22-Oct-15 08:46:02

Thanks AcrossthePond55, I think dark grey might work - but then I have moments when I think it will be too sombre and that I want a colour to really 'lift' the whole colourscheme. I was thinking of a glass splashback to avoid grout which will get grubby. If tiles, I was thinking metro tiles.

AcrossthePond55 Thu 22-Oct-15 15:21:12

So a you're thinking a solid colour? I do think the dark grey might be ok if your kitchen has a lot of natural light, otherwise, you're right, it may look somber. If you're thinking tiles, I think maybe a pattern or a few random bricks of a different colour?

www.sinerkan.com/stylish-mosaic-tile-backsplash/mosaic-tile-backsplash-tone/

www.sinerkan.com/stylish-mosaic-tile-backsplash/mosaic-tile-backsplash-tone/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now