Painting rangemaster knobs and handles

(8 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Wed 02-Sep-15 08:48:29

Sorry, have posted this in DIY too but thought it might get some responses here too...

We've moved house and acquired this black/gold rangemaster. The kitchen we'd like to fit is cream/chrome. I've emailed Rangemaster and they don't make silver or chrome knobs and handles for this model. So I was wondering, could I paint them myself?

If not, do you think a black/gold cooker would look ok with a cream/chrome kitchen?

lavendersun Wed 02-Sep-15 08:53:44

I inherited one of those cookers in a house we bought once. Not sure that you could paint them well enough tbh (well doubt I could).

I replaced a few bits from espares - have you tried them?

This looks like the ones I had www.espares.co.uk/product/es1406057?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google+shopping&mkwid=sM0GkWyO4&pcrid=49126481821&kword=&match=&plid=&pdv=c&gclid=CKndztnu18cCFZCdGwodNR8Ebw

I would ask them, they might suggest something, although you will still have the gold print on the front won't you.

I think gold will be fine tbh, well it would for me, but very little in my life matches grin.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 02-Sep-15 09:01:19

Thanks for that link, I'll check it out!

I've done a bit of research on places like Pinterest and there are a fair few modern kitchens fitted around on old cooker (range, aga etc) with gold/brass fittings and it looks ok to me. But I don't really have an 'eye' for this kind of thing!

Yeah the gold icons on the fascia (if that's the right name for it?!) would still be there sad

So perhaps we should just stick with gold then?

Because cooker looks a bit 80's rather than 'rustic' old fashioned I'm worried it won't have the lovely old cottagey look I'm seeing on Pinterest.

(As if anything in my life with ever look like anything on Pinterest!! Haha!!)

Bellyrub1980 Wed 02-Sep-15 09:02:06

Those knobs look EXACTLY the same!!! Yay!

lavendersun Wed 02-Sep-15 09:03:31

Step away from pinterest belly projects Lavender's feelings of inadequacy grin

lavendersun Wed 02-Sep-15 09:04:40

I would still ask them though belly before you spend a shedload on new knobs and handles just in case the fitting is different.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 02-Sep-15 09:18:23

But I need to see how perfect people live in their beautiful homes in soft focus!!!! I can't stop!!!! Arrrgghhhhh

Bellyrub1980 Wed 02-Sep-15 09:19:03

Have just emailed them. The fitting looks very very similar. I might buy one just to satisfy my curiosity!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now