Advanced search

Ikea poang chair ...any one have one?

(19 Posts)
ggirl Sun 30-Aug-15 14:58:13

are they comfy?

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Sun 30-Aug-15 15:00:27

Used to have one and yes.

ISingSoprano Sun 30-Aug-15 15:01:01

We have them in our staff room at work and yes they are comfortable.

Nonnainglese Sun 30-Aug-15 15:01:41

Definitely comfortable, we have two.

MyHeartsPumpingWine Sun 30-Aug-15 15:02:20

My parents and inlaws have them as conservatory furniture, Very comfortable.

MythicalKings Sun 30-Aug-15 15:03:59

We have them as conservatory furniture and they are perfect.

TheHoundsBitch Sun 30-Aug-15 15:04:48

We have one that is about 25 years old! I don't find it comfy (maybe because I like to tuck my legs up underneath me?), but DH always sits in it, rather than on the sofa (which is squidgy heaven imo grin ).

NanaNina Sun 30-Aug-15 15:05:00

We have two but it depends on your height. I am 5'1" and so my head doesn't reach the head rest and I've tried putting cushions behind my back/head but they just slide about. I don't use mine anymore for that reason. DH finds it very comfortable (he's 5'10") and a friend of mind (about the same height) was amazed at how comfortable the Poang was as he suffers from a bad back and after sitting on ours he went and bought one for himself.

BeautifulBatman Sun 30-Aug-15 15:06:35

Yes, I love it. One of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in. Well worth the very reasonable price.

AutumnAttic Sun 30-Aug-15 15:11:39

We have one with sheepskin cushions. BF 2 x DC in them and it's still my favourite piece of furniture.

Gatekeeper Sun 30-Aug-15 15:13:56

Very, very comfortable. We have four..two in the living room and two in sun room. Reasonably priced and sturdy

BobbinThreadbare Sun 30-Aug-15 15:30:07

Yes, it is in my living room. I specifically asked for it in my divorce settlement Hahahah! Great chair for sitting reading in.

Thatrabbittrickedme Sun 30-Aug-15 15:32:13

Another yes vote here! Very comfy and slightly rocking which I love. Used mine as a BF chair.

My DF is trying to sell one on eBay at the mo and not getting any bids though

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 30-Aug-15 15:34:44

We have one and a footstool. It was beige but we didnt realise our covers were dry clean only so it went weird after the wash. We got a cheapy box of grey dye from Wilkos and have had it for years since.

Our little girl has the toddler sized one.

CowGull Sun 30-Aug-15 16:02:44

I found the slight rocking/bounciness very comfy because I am a fidget, however it's also the feline seat of choice so I never get to sit in the thing these days!

PurpleHairAndPearls Sun 30-Aug-15 16:18:01

We have had them. Very tall DH liked them, but with a footstool so he could stretch out. I am very very small and used to curl up in chairs, I found them uncomfortable as the frame was always hard and in the way of comfiness. Very good value though, ours lasted for ages despite my best attempts

yomellamoHelly Sun 30-Aug-15 21:21:25

Ours went "soggy" with age - so dip a lot when you sit in them. Don't like sitting in them for that reason. Veneer on them has also gone.

amarmai Thu 03-Sep-15 15:43:56

love mine so much ,it was 1 of the few pieces of furniture that survived the purge when i downsized. The cover is washable and i lengthened the tie back on the neck cushion and brought it lower for my height. I just added an extra cushion under the seat also.

RingDownRingUp Fri 04-Sep-15 09:41:48

Ok for a short time and good for a short time but a proper armchair or sofa are much more comfortable.

I only sit on ours when we have guests. It would never be my first choice seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now