How do I use this wallpaper?

(5 Posts)
ThomasRichard Sun 16-Aug-15 17:55:42

I'm planning to redecorate my small-ish living room to something more clean and modern. I like this wallpaper and was thinking of having it on the walls either side of the chimney breast, with a medium-grey wallpaper on the actual chimney itself.

That's as far as I've got. What do I do with the other walls? How about curtains?

wowfudge Sun 16-Aug-15 18:30:52

With your plan so far, I would paint the other walls to match the background colour of the wallpaper. Curtains either to match the wallpaper, if available, or the grey you use on the chimney breast. Accessories in grey and yellow.

ThomasRichard Sun 16-Aug-15 19:26:25

I was thinking grey curtains but I think they might make the room look quite dark. Tue other wallpaper I like is this one, which would give more colour options but I think it might date more quickly.

ThomasRichard Sun 16-Aug-15 21:36:55

I think the first wallpaper with this light would look pretty good. Maybe with yellow rather than grey wallpaper on the chimney piece. Not sure about the curtains.

wowfudge Mon 17-Aug-15 07:48:10

I don't think so if you go for the lighter grey. The second paper will give more of a lined look because of the lines of leaves - if your walls are not smooth this could show up every bump. If you painted the chimney breast the same as the other walls that would work and make the wallpaper stand out more too.

It's all very personal. With both of those papers I'd be thinking of a Scandi look overall and the first one would work better, I think. Not keen on the light fitting as I'd go for a simple, sleek shape instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now