Want lovely country bathroom…..

(6 Posts)
NotdeadyetBOING Tue 11-Aug-15 17:50:51

Hate to use the term 'shabby chic', but after that kind of feel. Maybe free standing bath (or maybe panelled), butler's sink, wooden floor etc. It is quite small, but has lovely stone mullioned window. Don't want to spend arm and leg. Am always inspired by gorgeous photos of tumbledown romantic rooms full of loving collected salvage items in World of Interiors, but in reality probably need one supplier to do the lot. What companies might fit the bill? Fired Earth? Can't even think of another…

BoutrosBoutros Tue 11-Aug-15 20:50:29

Our bathroom is very country shabby! We got the sanitary ware from Victorian plumbing (mostly the Burlington stuff) then went for Victorian style tangiers tiles, exposed wood floors, exposed stone walls etc. furniture is mostly from local antique shops (pot stands etc). I think wall colour is also really important - avoid the old blue/green cliches and look for something more subtle. We're going for a kind of plaster pink which probably sounds awful but I love it!! Lots of WoI bathrooms pinned on my bathrooms board too!

NotdeadyetBOING Tue 11-Aug-15 22:05:17

I love the sound of your bathroom. But you clearly didn't go down the lazy shortcut route…. Actually like the plaster pink colour idea. Can quite imagine it. Lots of good F&B ones along those lines. Kiss of death is clearly some cowardly Magnolia. Colour of some sort always better if one gets it right.

BoutrosBoutros Wed 12-Aug-15 11:37:53

Our colour is Little Green Julie's Dream, if you want ideas! They have lots of lovely putty pink colours. Budget dictated not going down the wholesale route unfortunately - would love to have done it otherwise!! Good luck!

theladycarolineno Wed 12-Aug-15 17:15:10

Ahhh your ideas are lovely - nothing better than a shabby-chic bathroom - if we're still allowed to use that phrase! There are lots of ideas here www.theroomedit.com/traditional-bathroom/ and they each have a shopping list which should give you some ideas for retailers. I second Victorian Plumbing for a suite - but loads of places to get nice country-style accessories... Notonthehighstreet is a good one, etsy, garden trading... just off the top of my head!

NotdeadyetBOING Wed 12-Aug-15 21:51:23

Love that link, theladyC. Many thanks. Plenty of inspiration sadly not so much cash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now