Talk

Advanced search

What is this grey and white geometric wallpaper (photo)

(8 Posts)
littlecupcake Mon 10-Aug-15 11:42:49

We have moved into a house with this on the walls. Can anyone tell me what it is? I love it and it goes beautifully with our grey sofas. The paper is on one wall and the others are painted in chic shadow.

I need to buy curtains and cushions but can't decide what to go for. One of the curtains will be next to the wallpaper so would something with a pattern be too busy? It's not the lightest of rooms due to a conservatory so I want something bright - please give me some inspiration! I'm getting braver with colour and patterns bit not sure where to start looking. The floor is a medium brown laminate.

wowfudge Mon 10-Aug-15 12:20:09

I go for plain in either the grey or the white/cream or perhaps a fine stripe of grey and white? Chunky stripes if you are feeling bold. This is from John Lewis.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 10-Aug-15 13:07:12

That's beauteous wallpaper!

littlecupcake Mon 10-Aug-15 13:47:24

I like that pattern wowfudge but I was hoping to add a splash of colour. Sorry, I should have said that in my original post.

Thanks Procrastinator, I love it! The previous owners has great taste, they had Orla Kiely too, which I'd never have chosen (or paid the price for!) but it looks amazing. This grey paper looks like it's good quality and expensive too so I'm hoping someone will recognise the design. I want to Google some ideas of how other people have used it in their rooms.

BatmanLovesMenInEyeliner Mon 10-Aug-15 13:55:47

I've no idea what the wallpaper is, sorry sad

I would pair it with yellow though.

Maybe look on Pinterest for what other people have done with grey and white wallpaper? Even if it's not an identical pattern you might find some inspiration.

wowfudge Mon 10-Aug-15 14:17:02

Okay - well it's neutral so anything you like for a shot of colour really. What colour is the furniture in the room? Try holding up a paint chart to it and seeing if anything stands out.

ChilliAndMint Mon 10-Aug-15 14:24:15

It is really lovely. It is screaming out for tomato red, deep orange, bright yellow and cobalt blue.

theladycarolineno Tue 11-Aug-15 16:25:06

I think you need really bright warm colours to work with a grey - an acid yellow, hot pink or burnt orange to contrast and lift the look of the room. Keep everything else neutral or monochrome. This room's got yellow and it looks lovely with green accents too.

You could always go for a really simple window dressing - like a roller blind and then add some really bright wall art and accessories in an accent colour?

What's the style of the room? Lots of ideas here...
www.theroomedit.com/grey

And don't be afraid of pattern clash - the more the merrier IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now