Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What curtains would go with striped wallpaper?

(7 Posts)
Shoegal30 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:28:06

I have just had striped wallpaper put up in the living room and don't know what sort of curtains to go for.

The wallpaper is lime and pink striped.

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 04-Aug-15 21:32:36

What other colours are in the room? Is there a background colour on the paper?

Shoegal30 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:47:52

The background colour of the paper is white with thick lime and pink stripes with a few thinner grey stripes.

The wallpaper is only used on a feature wall. The rest of the walls are a neutral colour. The sofas are a light brown fabric and have lime and pink cushions.

The current curtains are a chocolate brown with red flowers. They look quite hideous against my new funky wallpaper.

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 04-Aug-15 21:55:40

I'd be tempted to go with a textured material in a plain colour to match in with the neutral walls.

rainbowunicorn Wed 05-Aug-15 08:55:43

I would go with a plain colour for the curtains either go for the neutral colour of the other walls or the grey colour that you mentioned in the curtains.

LongDistanceLove Wed 05-Aug-15 09:31:18

You'd be surprised at what fabrics go with a stripy wallpaper.

Take a bit of the wallpaper and a sofa cushion with you to a curtains shop and match them up. It'll be important to get samples so you can see what they look like with the lighting in the room.

Lj8893 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:51:16

A floral curtain in the same colours would look nice with stripes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now