Talk

Advanced search

Blue and brown colour scheme

(5 Posts)
Notrobusta Fri 31-Jul-15 09:27:14

We are getting a new brown leather sofa and have wood floors. Thinking of a blue and brown colour scheme to add some colour as don't want just neutrals. The walls are light and I am keen to keep them light so looking for accents of blue. Am thinking blue cusions, throws etc and pics on the wall with blues in them. Would you go for a rug in blue, brown or a patterned rug. Not sure if a patterned rug with plain cushions is better or vice versa. Views and thoughts needed please.

ShesAStar Fri 31-Jul-15 09:39:19

I wouldn't go for a brown rug with a brown sofa because it's all s bit samey and dark.

I'd go for blue patterned - or any other colours that go with the tone of blue your putting on the walls - turquoise, a sage green - the rug could have a variety of different colours and might help lift the room.

Belleview Sat 01-Aug-15 09:04:26

Does this help?

Notrobusta Mon 03-Aug-15 18:50:26

Thank you both. I think a blue rug is the way to go. Will get looking for something with blues in it I think rather than all blue.

rainbowunicorn Wed 05-Aug-15 09:02:44

I have a brown leather sofa and am changing the colour scheme from neutral to blues I went for this rug which has brown blue and cream www.terrysfabrics.co.uk/prod/rugs/hong-kong-2022-rug-blue-and-brown/
I have picked out the blue colours for cushions etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now