Talk

Advanced search

Help! Which white for hallway, stairs and landing? I'm buying the paint today!

(6 Posts)
Thesunrising Sun 26-Jul-15 10:14:47

I've lost the plot trying to choose a colour for our downstairs hallway, stairs and upstairs landing.

For want of being able to make a bold decision I've decided to go with white to try and create a clean, modern scandinavian feel.

It's a Victorian house, a little bit of natural light downstairs and loads of light upstairs from veluxes on landing.

Sense that brilliant white is going to be too stark so need a recommendation for something a bit softer without being too yellow or too blue.

We've got oak floorboards to bring a bit of warmth.

Can't afford F and B so looking at Dulux which B and Q has an offer in this weekend.

Any top recommendations gratefully received!

hooliodancer Sun 26-Jul-15 11:42:11

You can get Farrow and Ball colours mixed in Dulux paint if you like the colours of f and b better. Lime white is beautiful, changes colour as the light changes.

Karbea Sun 26-Jul-15 12:26:51

I link this website quite a lot, it gives you other brands of colours that are similar, so,if you wanted f&b lime white the link above shows you dulux colours similar.

Olecranon Sun 26-Jul-15 13:24:48

Dulux timeless is lovely. Crown milk white is also quite warm. I have just painted our hall in seven sisters vaspar paint at b and q which is nice and fresh. It also seems quite wipe able which is good for us with all the sticky fingers.

Thesunrising Sun 26-Jul-15 14:48:58

Thanks everyone. That website is interesting Karbea. I nearly got milk white but some reviews said it sometimes had a greenish tinge so in the end I plumped for crown sail white. Thanks for the advice!

SwedishEdith Sun 26-Jul-15 15:04:43

Sail white is lovely. Was going to suggest that so glad to see you've picked it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now